- School Departments
- SIP, SAC/SAF, Title I
Welcome to Seminole Middle School Online
GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND FOR SMART INITIATIVES
On November 4th, Broward County voters will have an opportunity to cast their ballots regarding a SMART Investment for Seminole Middle. The estimated investment for our school is $5,627,000. These proceeds will be utilized to fund technology and identified capital improvements to our facility. To learn more about the General Obligation Bond for SMART Initiatives and view specifics for Seminole Middle, visit browardschools.com/smartfutures.
SUMMER READING CHALLENGE
Our school signed up to participate in the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge, a free online reading program that invites children to log their reading minutes to help set a new world record for summer reading. The goal this year for schools around the world is to break last year's reading world record of 176,438,473 minutes! Your child has already received his/her username and password. Click here for more info.
2014 - 2015 COURSE SELECTION CARDS
On May 22, 2014, all 6th & 7th grade students will receive their course selection cards for the 2014 - 2015 school year. Parents should review the course card with their child and make selections carefully. Course cards must be returned by May 28, 2014 and must have a parents signature.
PROPOSED TIME CHANGE FOR THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
The Transportation Management Team has recommended that we delay the proposed bell time changes until the 2015 - 2016 school year allowing more planning and prep time for all stakeholders. This approach will minimize risk and make the transition to the new bell times schedule as smooth as possible.
LEARN ABOUT REPLACEMENT FOR FCAT 2.0 BEGINNING 2014/15
The Florida Department of Education announced a new assessment that will replace FCAT 2.0 exams beginning with the 2014 - 2015 school year. This new tool will align with the new Florida Standards. Read about it here: Press Release, Q & A, Commissioner Stewart's Letter to Parents.
Attention 6th Grade Parents:
Please be sure your child's immunizations are up to date to enter the 7th grade.
Please submit a new Florida 680 Certificate of Immunization to the guidance office.
- Pinnacle Login
- Algebra I Readiness Packet
- Anti-Bully Policy
- Children’s Lunch Account
- Conversation with the District
- Core Standards
- E-Store Online Payments
- Free and Reduce Lunch Flyer
- Free and Reduced Lunch Online
- Geometry Readiness Packet
- Health Inspection Report
- Parent and Community Survey
- Policy 6000.1 Revised
- Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA) Notice
- Spanish II Prep Packet
- Title I Parent Survey
- Virtual Counselor Parent Account Activation Instructions
- Science Fair Parent’s Guide
- Science Fair Project Student Schedule
- Science Fair Parent Letter
- Kathryn Marlow, Principal
6200 SW 16th Street
Plantation, Florida 33317
(Click address above to get a map and directions)
8:10 AM - 2:40 PM
Upcoming Events 2013-2014
- Fri, Oct 3: SCHOOL PICTURES MAKE UP DAY
- Thu, Oct 23: EARLY RELEASE DAY - DISMISSAL AT 12:40 P.M.
- Fri, Oct 24: NO SCHOOL - TEACHER PLANNING
- Tue, Nov 4: NO SCHOOL - TEACHER PLANNING
- Tue, Nov 11: SCHOOL CLOSED - HOLIDAY
- Thu, Nov 13: REPORT CARDS ISSUED
- Thu, Nov 20: INTERIM REPORTS ISSUED